You will need to or before posting on the forum and there are terms and conditions to take part.

Forums

National Hub Leader meeting 18-19 May 2015

Jane Muil

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-04-03

My reflection from today’s conference is overwhelmingly positive. It is very constructive being able to discuss challenges/barriers/solutions and best practice with other Community Hub Leaders. Reflecting on the process us Hub Leaders in QLD have to follow, being embedded within the primary school system, I believe it would be advantageous to involve the Principals in this process. Some things discussed here, for eg. the viability of creating a Hub Committee like in the Mount Druitt Community Hub, would need to be discussed with the Principal. I feel these discussions are integral to give our Principals a better understanding of what it is we are trying to achieve, and how we can best get there. Anyone have any suggestions or comments about this?

Grainne Taia

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2014-06-04

Hi Jane,
I loved reading your reflection and I agree that it would be really important for the Principals to see what is happening in Victorian schools and to look at best practice when it comes to Community Hubs. I think our Principals would be keen especially if it were to line up with the Melbourn Cup :)
In the meantime we can present at our next Principals’ meeting on what we learned from our visit to Melbourne.
Thanks for posting !!
Grainne

Our Partners

The National Community Hubs Program is an initiative of Community Hubs Australia, supported by the Scanlon Foundation and the Australian Government Department of Social Services.

Newsletter

For the latest news and Hub stories, sign up to the Community Hubs e-News

Subscribe