Five downloadable worksheets designed to help parents connect with their children.
- ‘Emotion Coaching Versus Dismissing’ provides examples of ways parents can coach rather than dismiss the emotions of their children.
- ‘Creating Connection’ contains a list of questions for children under eight years old, designed to help parents connect with children.
- ‘Help Label Emotions’ is a worksheet designed to help children verbally label their emotions.
- ‘Communicate Empathy’ contains a list of statements designed to communicate empathy and understanding to a child.
- ‘Remembering Life as Child’ is a list of questions designed to help parents remember what life was like as a child to help them connect with their child.
Thank you to Silvia Amici (Support Coordinator for Hume City Council) for suggesting this content.
Source: Mums Matter Psychology